Great idea, horrible execution
Dusk Peterson write:
1) There apppear to be no instructions on how to use the app within the app itself; you have to go to the Website for that.
2) The Website makes no reference to any way to type capitals, punctuation marks, and special symbols.
3) You can't adjust the font size or style - important for low vision users.
4) The app doesn't work with VoiceOver - vital for completely blind users.
5) The text rolls off the screen after a few words. You can't even scroll over to see what you're typing.
6) When the text-to-speech voice speaks aloud the words, the text suddenly moves to the keyboard space and turns grey.
7) Most importantly, there appears to be no way to copy text into other apps. (The standard select-and-copy gesture for the iPhone - hold down your finger - simply reorders the keyboard in this app.) Thus what you've typed serves no purpose, unless you need to have it spoken aloud immediately.
I'd really like to see this app be successful; it's a great idea. But it needs a lot of work before it will be useable as more than just a demo tool.